What is an Iced Latte?
The iced latte (sometimes known simply as an iced coffee) is a cool, refreshing espresso drink. It’s also really easy to make. Iced lattes can be flavored and/or sweetened any way you like. It is made by pouring milk and espresso shots over ice.
Making an Iced Latte:
- Fill a tall glass with ice
- Pour cold milk into the glass, about half way up (It’s important that you have milk in the glass before adding the espresso)
- Add pumps of flavor syrup or sugar (~2 pumps per 6 ounces)
- Extract 2 shots of Espresso
- Pour the espresso shots into the glass
- Add more milk, ice, and stir
Factoid: Increasingly common in the United States and Europe, latte art has led to the stylization of coffee making, and the creation of what is now a popular art form. Created by pouring steaming, and mostly frothed, milk into the coffee, that liquid is introduced into the beverage in such a way, patterns are distinguishable on the top of coffee. Popular patterns can include hearts, flowers, trees and other forms of simplistic representations of images and objects.